Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Wonkymons

Wonkymons XY



     Some of you guys may remember Wonkymons from last generation. It was a metagame that takes place in Ubers, and every Pokemon got a random ability. It was quite the fun metagame, and it's back in XY with a vengeance. With everything getting a different ability than last time, it's a new metagame that doesn't resemble it's BW counterpart. It has a load of new threats and interesting Pokemon, and is overall a great metagame. I had the privilege to play against it's creator today, and observed a couple of things.



Charizard and Tyranitar


     The first thing I noticed when I was making my team was that two new mons got huge/pure power. They were Charizard and Tyranitar. These Pokemon are now extremely powerful, capable of OHKO/2HKOing most walls with a band, or offensive Pokemon with a scarf. Although in my battle, neither accomplished much (Tyranitar going down turn one, and Eevee's Zard almost dying to priority, and then being brought down by a scarcer), it was easy to see how powerful they are, with a scarf stone edge from TTar nearly OHKOing a Xerneas. Because of this, it is easy to see why TEG plans on banning these Pokemon.



Dialga


     The other Pokemon I wanted to talk about is Dialga. Dialga was the star of our match, being able to abuse it's great new ability shed skin in order to easily set up with bulk up and sweep his team. I will say it's pure luck that I used that set, as my team was made by randomly spamming Pokemon I thought might be good. The set I used basically abused bulk up + rest (forgoing sleep talk due to shed skin) in order to avoid status and eventually sweep. In the end, this set caused him to forfeit due to the amount of stalling it would require for me to eventually win (he had no way of breaking it), and that is how the battle ended.


Wonkymons is a great tier, and should definitely be checked out by any readers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment